|he Coterie Theatre and Unicorn Theatre
Accepting Adult Audition Video Submissions
for Their 2021–2022 Seasons
The Coterie Theatre and Unicorn Theatre will accept video audition submissions from professional adult actors (18 years of age and older) – Equity and non-Equity – for their respective 2021-2022 seasons.
Open call video submissions will be accepted starting July 23, 2021, at 12:01am CDT through August 6, 2021, at 6:00pm CDT, at thecoterie.org/auditions or unicorntheatre.org/about-us/#work-with-us.
- Actors who want to be considered for a role should submit a headshot and resume through the form link on the theater’s website.
- OPTIONAL MONOLOGUE – Through the form, provide a YouTube or Vimeo link to a 1 1/2 to 2 minute (not longer) contemporary monologue – no classical, no Shakespeare.
- OPTIONAL VOCAL DEMO (Coterie only for musical consideration) – Through the form, provide a YouTube or Vimeo link to a vocal demo. The ideal demo: 16 bars of ballad + 16 bars of up-tempo
The Coterie’s 2021-2022 season includes:
- The SpongeBob Musical – for young audiences (premiere), directed by Jeff Church and Anthony Edwards.
- Only One Day a Year (world premiere play), directed by Nedra Dixon.
- Pete the Cat (musical), directed by Heidi Van and Anthony Edwards.
- Alice’s Wonderland (musical), directed and choreographed by Nik Whitcomb.
- The Dramatic STD/HIV Project (local tour), educational local tour performed throughout the school year, directed by Michael Smith & Matt Leonard.
- Project Daylight (local tour), educational tour performed throughout the school year, directed by Jeff Church and Amanda Kibler.
Roles to be cast will be both AEA and non-AEA (exception: local tours).
The Unicorn’s 2020-2021 season includes:
- The Lifespan of a Fact, directed by Vanessa Severo.
- Pipeline, directed by Teresa Leggard.
- Dance Nation, directed by Heidi Van
- Our Black Death (World Premiere), directed by Cynthia Levin.
- Tiny Beautiful Things, directed by Sidonie Garrett.
- The Inheritance Part I & II, directed by Jeff Church and Ian Crawford.
Roles for AEA in all shows and some non-AEA roles available.
Submissions received after August 6 may not be considered for callbacks this season.