Johnson County Community College’s Midwest Trust Center presents MTC Kids Jam
Emily Behrmann, Executive Director, and Kara Armstrong, Arts Education Program Director, at the Midwest Trust Center (formerly Carlsen Center) proudly present the new family series, MTC Kids Jam, featuring acclaimed artists from around the world and around the corner.
“We are thrilled to offer these free concerts and arts activities to families in our community,” Armstrong noted. “With a variety of award-winning local, national, and international children’s artists, our goal is to provide fun and engaging activities to our youngest audience members, that sparks a love of the arts for years to come.”
October 23, 2021 – Sonia De Los Santos and The Okee Dokee Brothers: “Somos Amigos: Songs on Common Ground.” Friendship is at the heart of this joyful new collaboration between Mexican songstress, Sonia De Los Santos, and Americana folk duo, The Okee Dokee Brothers.
December 11, 2021 – Dan and Claudia Zanes: ‘The Holiday Sing-Along.” Join this multicultural winter celebration that’s interactive and fun for all ages! This Holiday sing-along with Grammy Award winner Dan Zanes and his musical wife, Claudia Zanes, is loosely based on the Christmas gatherings Dan experienced as a child growing up in New England.
January 22, 2022 – Dino O’Dell: “Dinosaur O’Dell’s Build a Better World!” – Whether he’s swimming with piranhas in South America, jumping with kangaroos in Australia, or exploring King Tut’s tomb in Africa, Dino’s stories and songs are great fun for all ages. Join award-winning educator, author, and songwriter Dino O’Dell on an adventure around the world.
March 26, 2022 – 123 Andres: “Actívate” – Latin Grammy winner 123 Andrés presents a special show packed with energy and positive vibes. Their catchy songs and lively concerts get the whole family dancing and learning in Spanish and English. This full-band show brings to MTC the spirit of música, energía, familia y comunidad.
May 21, 2022 – Mr. Stinky Feet – Join award-winning kid rocker Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove and his band, The Hiccups, for a family dance jamboree. During this high-energy, interactive program, dozens of little rockers are selected from the audience to perform with the band on stage. Adults get their turn, too, during the fistpumpin’ finale. For more information about the Midwest Trust Center at Johnson County Community College, and Arts Education events, visit Midwest Trust Center Arts Education.
These events are free, but reservations are required. Tickets for the October and December shows are available now.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols at the Midwest Trust Center, Effective August 17, 2021
Please visit us at jccc.edu/MidwestTrustCenter for the latest updates.
• Face coverings are required.
• Temperature kiosks will be available at venue entrances.
• Sanitizer stations are available throughout the venue.
• All seating is reserved.
• We are currently limiting capacity in venues.
• If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
• Events will go on sale a few months at a time to allow flexibility in seating from show to show.
• All tickets will be sold for a single performance, no season packages for fall events.
• Signage will be posted in the lobby and volunteers will be available to direct guests to appropriate
entrances, closest to their seats.
• Gathering places are limited; no receptions, meet & greets, or intermissions.
• There will be COVID-level post-show cleaning in the theatre, in restrooms and backstage.
• Air handling and ventilation has been upgraded for safety.